Greek Salad with Blood Dressing?!

Thursday, July 10, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm quite surprised I've already attracted some viewers!

So again, My name is Katrina and today's events were pretty scary.

Today we had kitchen practical, so I'm helping out in the kitchen, specifically the cold kitchen.



COLD KITCHEN(noun)
Where food that does not 
require cooking is prepared.
ex. salads and sandwiches

Today was one of our busiest days EVER!! Our professor/head chef left us before the restaurant opened to attend an important briefing elsewhere. I thought my part of the kitchen wouldn't be asked to make a lot of things but, I was wrong. We made in total 20 sandwiches in one day. I mean, we're a small school and I didn't think that many sandwiches would be gone in just a few hours!! But hey, it was fun !

Now the highlight of the day, why is there blood dressing on my Greek Salad??

Well it's because

I'm trooper pfft
I cut my finger. 
"It probably isn't that big" 
Yeah I think it isn't reaally
 I actually cut off a chunk of my finger. About 1 cm long and 0.5 cm deep. And there was A LOT OF BLOOD. I was surprised I didn't freak out. My instincts just told me to remain calm. It only hurt like hell when I ran water down on the wound.

Expectation
My "freaking out" face
 I didn't want my fellow classmates to panic, despite the blood pooling in my palm and running down my forearm.
Reality

"Oh shit"

Sad thing about it was that I didn't really get "immediate medical attention". The nurse in my building was MIA so we opted to wait first. I waited (what felt like) 10 minutes and just decided to cross the street and go into the highschool clinic which took a student assistant and I about 5 minutes to get to. I got bandaged up and I guess I passed out due to blood loss in the clinic and slept for 2 hours :') The student assistant also bought me pineapple juice since I needed something sweet. Thank you for going out of your way and doing so! :') I was hoping for cake but can't complain.

I went back to campus and reassured everyone that I'm fine. I bought some tacos and it was delicious.

So yeah, pretty eventful I guess. Made tons of sandwiches, chopped up my finger, ate some tacos. Today is a pretty good day :)

Take care everyone and be careful with sharp things !




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top