Magnolia Flavour House : Cafe Review

Sunday, June 21, 2015
Hello everyone!

This post is first impressions/ cafe review

I only tried a good amount of their desserts but I hope this gives you an insight of what
to expect from Magnolia Flavour House!

I went there the first time with Lee and now the second time with my family !
I hope you enjoy, please comment when you get the time to visit there as well


First Visit

The first visit , Lee and I ordered Amazing Batmans Brownie Overload (P260)
According to the staff, this was their best seller.

It was really nice, I liked it a lot! This isn't super easy to finish on your own (definitely good to share with others) and it's presented really well. 
I think this is one of my favorites.
It also looks exactly how it does in the menu so it delivered my expectations.

Lee and I have a thing for brownies and ice cream so this was a very delicious treat!
Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream Scoops topped with Whipped Cream, brownies, Marshmallows and a cherry on top. 

Looking at it alone was enough eye-candy. 

The second time I went to Magnolia Flavour House was with my family.
My Dad really wanted Ice Cream so I suggested this place






This one is Peach Melba (P240)

My mom ordered this one and she was impressed with the presentation.
Though the peaches were still kind of frozen and were hard to eat. 
I wouldn't say that it was frozen from the ice cream because it was frozen to the point
where she cut up the peaches and it fell out like chunks.

Strawberry, Vanilla, Mango Ice cream with Peaches and topped with whipped cream, nuts, a cherry and caramel syrup.

I liked this one as well but the peaches (which are my favorite) threw me off. 


My younger sister ordered the Parfait (P 170)

Vanilla, Chocolate, and Mango Ice cream topped with whipped cream, nuts and a cherry on top with a wafer stick on the side.

The presentation for the parfait is lacking a bit since the scoops in the menu looked much bigger.





My dad ordered the Black and White (P200) 

This dessert you can easily finish if you share it. It'll take more time if you eat this on your own.

Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, whipped cream with chocolate and white chocolate chips, 
drizzled with chocolate syrup and then two chocolate biscuit sticks. 




Lastly, I ordered The Crepe Parfait (P180)


It looked so delicious!
But looks can be deceiving.

The highlight for me was supposed to be the crepe.

But it was rubbery and difficult to cut using just a spoon.

If they presented it like in other crepe stations where shaped like a cone, it would be easier to eat.
However, it was really difficult to eat this.

Vanilla, Chocolate, and Ube Ice Cream, topped with whipped cream, nuts, candy coated chocolates,
 a cherry and a wafer stick, all enclosed in a crepe.

I would recommend all the other desserts they have 
but definitely not the crepe parfait.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

RATING:

Service: 3/5

They mostly follow routine (setting up the table, collecting orders, billing out) 
but they are not very attentive to their customers. They would also get distracted
by the TV that is set there or would chat among other employees.
When you get their attention, that is when they pull through in service.  

Product: 4.5/5

More often than not, their desserts really shine through, I just picked one that wasn't
on par with their other products. Hopefully they can think of a different way to present 
the crepe parfait.

Price: 3.7/5

I cannot really put down a verdict for the price since I have not been to many ice cream
parlors before this one. From what I remember, Italian gelato (one scoop) would be 80 pesos
however here, it's already 75 for a sundae. 

I think it's quite pricey for their products but the consistency and presentation may factor
in the pricing. 

FINAL VERDICT:

4.3/5

The place is relaxing, refreshing and offers a bright and light hearted feel when you enter. Even though the service is a little lacking, it's a nice place to just have some alone time or spend it with friends and family. Though I don't always have the money to buy food like this, it's certainly a really great treat and great for groups/families! ♥ 
~*~*~*~*~*~

That's all for today!
You can check out their page here for more info on the menu





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top