Kawaii Definition

Thursday, July 23, 2015
Hello everyone!

A lot of time has passed and today I'll talk about what does Kawaii mean to me!
It's quite personal so I hope you forgive me if I get a bit dramatic here and there ;;

Here we go!
Warning: Also some really old pictures of me during puberty days hahaha!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years back there was a time I wanted to be really who I wanted to be. 

I wanted to get in Steampunk/Lolita/Sporty/Chic styles so much but I lacked the confidence.

I felt I couldn't bring it out in me. 

Then, I started following some cute style artwork. Mostly for myself because I found myself spending hours and hours looking through the cute items and just smiling to myself. I loved it and I wanted to be able to be a part of it. I tried making art like that.

When I see people wearing this style, it makes me want to be able to do that. I was jealous of people who can pull off the style. I was always self conscious but I wanted to express myself so badly.

I felt happy just looking at it but it never crossed my mind to internalize it. 
I thought,

"I couldn't pull off such a thing"
"I'm not cute, how can anyone find me attractive?"
"People already find me weird as it is.." 

 

But one day, (with help, thank you to those who helped me! ♥ ) I got better at coordinating my outfits and began being more presentable.
 
I felt my happiness radiating out of me.
I started to have a similar style to what I liked and it made me feel so comfortable.

Soon, I got into it even more and people started noticing it in me. 
And then suddenly!







Taken from the Kawaii Philippines Facebook Page!

I've got the 'Kawaii' Style
Kawaii = cute in Japanese.
The style may be deemed "childish" or "cosplay" by those who don't understand it.

I have to say that it's not. It's a just a way of lifestyle.
Kawaii meant being able to appreciate myself and be who I wanted to be through this style; whether it be in clothes or in lifestyle.

To my readers who are shy and may not also have an opportunity to be kawaii then here is your chance!

If you have a blogspot, please check this out!


She is doing a wonderful giveaway with really adorable prizes!

Deadline of entries is July 29 (Wednesday) so you have a few more days left! 

Please check out the links to get more information about the give away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top