Kawaii in Manila 2 Event

Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Hello there everyone!

Sept. 6 was the much awaited, Kawaii in Manila 2!

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in such a long time but I had no internet up until yesterday! :'(
Here is my post about the event and things I've done!
**QUITE  A LONG BUT PICTURE LOADED POST UP AHEAD!!**
It was extremely fun and I absolutely loved it! It was also my first time to go to Whitespace so I was afraid I wouldn't find it but seeing this in front of the venue gave me reassurance that this is where I have to be! :)



A super kawaii jeep with the list of activities in front of it! It was super cool that they did something like this!
Even the tickets were really adorable! The theme the Kawaii team were going for was a carnival/fair and I believe they nailed it! :) 

I made a pretty bad collage of the art exhibit
Upper Left: Made by Mariness Angelika Rivera
Lower Left: rianbowart
Right: Made by Borg Sinaban
There was live art by Rian Gonzales (rianbowart) and she is absolutely talented, please check out her blog! Lee and I also thoroughly enjoyed the art exhibit; if you weren't able to go see the pieces of the art exhibit, or curious to who the artists were, you can check it out on this link


I actually also got to meet No Face from Spirited Away!! He gave me also a token for our meeting... a piece of gold! He kept fiddling with it but ended up giving it to me? Now that I think about it... I'm not really sure if he did end up giving it to me or we just couldn't understand each other.


This is what I really wanted to see from Kawaii in Manila! I wanted to be a part of the fashion show but sadly my mother was worried for me :( But anyway! I don't have pictures because I was on the right side of the stage near the sound system. The models didn't look our way so I couldn't get good pictures of their outfits. However! I have videos of it so hopefully I'll upload those :)


My favorite collection was the 'Don't Get The Candy' designed by Forestale! You can check out their facebook page here: Forestale Shop
or their Store Envy over here: Forestale Store Envy


I also got to try on a Lucy Pop Uniform! It's really adorable but the shirt was big and I had to tuck it in! If I didn't I think it would have reached half my thigh. The size was M and the skirt was a bit tight as well. I'm not sure if there were more clips on the skirt but it was tight because it went up around my waist . But seriously love the uniform ! I would get one for myself if they had smaller sizes for the blouse and a bigger one for the skirt !

If you're interested in getting one yourself, check out their FB page for more designs and or on their website and order one now!


I had these pictures with the lovely Cyril (from dolldelight) and the amazing Miguel-senpai and Jin-senpai! :') I felt so jittery seeing them and it made me extremely happy to get to have pictures with them! ♥

Ate Cyril's dress is absolutely well designed and even more beautiful in real life! The beautiful decor on the bodice and floral veil, it melded together so well. It makes me happy to see something kind of like classic lolita in Kawaii in Manila ! Ate Cyril, I hope you great success in your brand and I always look forward to your new pieces *^^* ! It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope to meet you again in future cons or meet ups !

Jin-senpai and Miguel-senpai, you have both been my inspirations since I was a 1st year highschool student. You are both amazing people and meeting you both in real life is now a dream realized.  I'm eternally grateful to have followed you on deviantART and see your little updates on my newsfeed. You have both been a positive influence on my life and I wish to both of you, greater successes, greater opportunities, and eternal happiness in the future!


~~~

I'm so grateful to the Kawaii PH team for organizing such an awesome event! I'm still recovering from it ! I'm itching to find more people who are into the kawaii life and I can't wait for next year (if there will be ! *fingers crossed* )

Watching the heartfelt speech at the closing of the event really moved me; I teared up a bit as well, because seriously.

YOU GUYS DID IT

You achieved something that you've been working hard to make into a reality 
and I can't imagine the kind of joy it must have brought you...
To see the smiling faces, the sounds of laughter,
everywhere you see, 

kawaii and happiness.

This is what your efforts have brought you.

I just want to commend you guys that you,
a small team with a big dream,
have now made it a reality.

And for that I am happy to say




"Thank You"





because without you guys,
this may have never happened.

And I wouldn't have had the best time of my life.


Follow the amazing team on their journey here!
Facebook: Kawaii In Manila
Instagram: @kawaii_ph
Website: http://kawaii.ph/

Thank you so much for reading my long post but it was such a magical time. 

See you! 


Bye bye! ♥



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top